This craft was inspired by Pterosaur in the Hardware Store.
My kids love three things (well, more than three, but for this purpose, it’s three):
Cutting, gluing and taping things
So, why not combine them to make these awesome dinosaur shadow puppets?
They’re super easy and great fun. And I’ve made them even easier by providing you with FOUR dinosaur templates. Just subscribe HERE and download the Activity Book for Pterosaur in the Hardware Store. In addition to the four templates, you’ll get other crafts, mazes, word searches, coloring pages, etc. Lots to keep the little ones busy and amused.
But here are the simple steps.
1. Print out the dinosaur you want to make - Stegosaurus, Pterosaur, Brachiosaurus or Parasaurolophus (no need for color copies)
2. Cut out the different shapes. What do you see? A hammer, a knife, pliers, a wrench, a barrel? All sorts of objects we see every day. How could we possibly make a dinosaur? Keep watching.
3. Now, lay them out and see what shape could be the tail, or the head, or the spines or feet. Put them in place and tape them down.
4. If you want, you can add a popsicle stick or something to give you a handle.
5. Now, find a sun spot or grab your flashlight and make some awesome dinosaur shadow puppets!
Print out lots and make a whole village. Stage a play. Make a dinosaur family!
Now look around… do you see other shapes that could be a dinosaur? Use your imagination and soon you’ll be seeing dinosaurs all around you.
Be sure to grab the book HERE.